Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Being bullied and they start young..

Not a single parent out there wants or wishes any child being bullied and hurt mentally or physically.
But we can only protect them when they are in our arms but when you let go and send them off to school you only pray they are safe and happy.
Everyday I wait at the bus stop to give that hug and kiss to my little honey the moment she steps off the bus. But today my mommy gut feeling from a far distance viewing the bus I know something is wrong or I will get bad news. My little honey did not jump with joy waving to me I see her hiding in her seat staring outside her window with no smile or affection. That is not my child..... Where is my sunshine?
The moment she stepped off the bus I asked her what's wrong? Her response was it was a very very bad day and I don't want to talk about it!! Tears was in her eyes and of course I pulled her to the side to let the bus pass, then she told me XX hit me and he hit me 3 times? Not over reacting I want to make sure what's going on or what happened?
She doesn't lie to me the good the bad the right the wrong Jaylin tells me everything. She slowly told me what happen and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I raised Jaylin to always use her words and never her fist. She was minding her own business sitting on her own in front of this boy, he decided to go sit next to her then punched Jaylin in the chest. Jaylin mocked at him and demands him to stop and hitting is not kind. She wanted to move but he blocked her, she yelled stopped again and apparently not loud enough for the bus driver to notice anything. He punched her again and she grabbed his arm and said " you stop that right now" his response was I don't care and I will do it again. The third punch happened again at the chest and I guess it was time for him to get off the bus. As we were still standing on the sidewalk I checked her chest for bruises but luckily nothing. I hugged her ever so tightly and told her you did the right thing but how come you didn't tell the bus driver, she answered me the bus was moving and we are not suppose to change seats. I had nothing to say but to tell her don't worry Mommy will fix this and put an end to it before it happens again to her or anyone else.
I took her to lunch my chest was tight and I couldn't think straight! I let her choose her favorite snack to make her feel better and to ask her how she was feeling and if we should go see the doctor. Not trying to over react we went and had lunch, I texted my sister asking her what I should do. I didn't know what I should do as a parent I wasn't sure if I should go to school or phone someone about this.
My sister told me to report to the school immediately, which I did and was able to speak with the assistant principle. I felt he was sincere and didn't tolerate children being bullied. He assured me he will investigate and will pull the two children aside and have a talk with them. I really hope he is not trying to shoo me away and think I'm one of those annoying parents complaining about something small.
All and all I didn't feel good and I don't ever want to hear Jaylin being hurt. I should tell her to kick that boy's ass!!! She knows what is right and what is wrong and I am so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment